What Is Personal Data at YGeeker?
YGeeker’s Use of Personal Data
YGeeker uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
Depending on the circumstance, YGeeker may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations. More information is available in the product-specific information embedded in our products and features as described above. If you have questions about the legal basis, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at YGeeker.com/legal/privacy/contact.
- Power Our Services. YGeeker collects personal data necessary to power our services, which may include personal data collected to improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting. For example, if you would like to access a song through an YGeeker Music subscription, we collect data on what songs you play in order to provide you with the content requested and for royalty purposes.
- Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, YGeeker must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
- Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with YGeeker, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and YGeeker and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and YGeeker for the benefit of all our users, and prescreening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material.
- Personal Data Used for Personalization. If you choose to personalize your services or communications where such options are available, YGeeker will use information that we collect so that we can offer you those personalized services or communications. You can learn more about how relevant services use information to personalize your experience by reviewing the privacy information presented when you first use a service that asks to use your personal data. We make this information easy to find by presenting it with our Data & Privacy icon; it's also available at all times on your YGeeker device and online at YGeeker.com/legal/privacy/data.
- Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law — for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
YGeeker does not use algorithms or profiling to make any decision that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review. YGeeker also does not use or disclose sensitive personal data for any purposes that would require a user to exercise a right to limit processing according to California law.